Sunday 5 July 2015

Eats | York Cocoa House, York



A chocolate shop and a chocolate cafe combined? Considering this winning combination I had not actually had much opportunity to try out this little gem in York city centre until recently, when I met up with a couple of friends for a catch up.

A full menu of delights awaited me, including at least 7 varieties of hot chocolate, all the cake imaginable and even some more savoury options.




I had a orange hot chocolate (oh yes) and a cherry and chocolate scone with jam and cream. Just enough sweet cocoa to satisfy, but not overwhelming. The others tried some different varieties, so I can tell you that the goats cheese scone and the hazelnut hot chocolate come highly recommended.

This visit did not do justice, I feel, to what was available and could potentially be experienced; we have promised ourselves a return, and possibly a try of the afternoon tea. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment