Friday 8 May 2015

Eats | Sticks n Sushi, London

I recently reunited with a few school friends for a get together, and we chose to go to Sticks n Sushi in Covent Garden, London. I love sushi and one of our friends is a vegan, so we wanted somewhere everybody could find something they would like.



The menu was huge and having not been there before, I felt fairly overwhelmed. Luckily, the restaurant are already prepared for this and offer a second menu which features lots of selection plates so you can try a few bits and hopefully establish a few favourites. In light of my conundrum, I chose a selection plate called Mixed Emotions, which gave me both a selection of sushi and a small number of sticks as well, including miso salmon and chicken meatballs.

Other members of my party had larger sushi plates, or opted for some huge, scrumptious looking salads, such as the fish salad below. The vegan among us had a vegetable salad which she informed me was very tasty too.




To end, I sampled a trio of desserts(L-R); a chocolate fondant with peppermint caramel centre and crystalised ginger; a yuzu crumble with italian meringue topping; 2 dark chocolate caramel balls with sesame coating. All were very moreish but I would definitely order the first 2 in combination again, as the richness of the chocolate fondant was cut through by the citrus taste of the yuzu.

I won't lie; this was an expensive meal. We were charged heavily for water, which was unexpected. The food itself is small, delicate, delicious and a work of art. Unfortunately, you are paying for that masterpiece. If money were no object, I could spend £150 - £200 in one sitting at this place. In my case, my meal (without wine) was about £40.

As a treat, for a special occasion, try this out; if you can afford it, eat here every day. Highly recommended. 


No comments:

Post a Comment