Saturday 30 May 2015

Eats | Shiso, London

One Saturday evening recently I went for a night out in Hornsey and went for a meal at the Shiso, which describes itself as a Modern Japanese Kitchen. 

My friend and I ordered a few bits and pieces to share and enjoyed tucking into freshly made sushi rolls, both large and small, featuring cucumber, melt in the mouth salmon, tempura prawns and avocado. We also enjoyed some yummy chicken gyoza and a warming chicken katsu curry with rice (not pictured).


We enjoyed our meal and found at the end that the price was reasonable (around £15 a head). I have nothing bad to say about the food at all, with the exception of saying that perhaps for somewhere describing themselves as a modern Japanese kitchen, they had very little on their menu that wasn't sushi.

The restaurant itself I am still undecided about. The ambiance left something to be desired - the style was quite canteen like, with some very strange decor, including geese hanging from the ceiling. Perhaps my inner snob was messing with my head here, but I had imagined something a little more chic than what we actually ended up with.

If you can ignore your inner snob (and I hope you can, they are a bad influence), go to Shiso for yummy sushi for a reasonable price, with both a takeout and delivery option too.

No comments:

Post a Comment