Monday 4 May 2015

Days Out | Sony 2015 Photography Awards Exhibition, Somerset House, London

I have a confession to make: sometimes, art bores me. I don't always understand it and I definitely prefer "beautiful" art rather than the "thought provoking" variety.

However, with an open mind and open heart, I recently went to Somerset House in London to attend their recent photography exhibition, featuring photographs from around the world looking into the future of urban development, entries to the Sony 2015 Photography Awards and a special contribution to photography exhibit, highlighting the work of Elliott Erwitt.

There was a lot to look at, and I had museum fatigue by the end; however, there was plenty of photographs that offered both great beauty and thought provocation in equal measure.



The exhibition is on at Somerset House until 10 May 2015, tickets £8.50.

2 comments:

  1. i loved how varied the exhibition was - a bit of everything! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - lots of different ideas and styles :)

      Delete